japa hapa in seoul

Friday, March 24, 2006

I miss her, but don't want her

I tried to cut her out of my heart like I cut her out of the profile picture, but it was easier done in the photoshop. How do you know your girlfriend is in love with you? I mean, it wasn't really supposed to be love, we were friends, but we liked each other so much since middle school and we do have feelings for each other.
I've only been in one relationship with a woman, and that was it. So, strictly speaking I can't really work it out, I can only tell you what I know. Well, for the first few months of our relationship, I mean when we were into each other, we lived so close by each other and we've put up with a lot from each other. I know I'm the first person she'll come to when she's sad, happy, worried...anything.And she told me she loved me every day. But I think love is about trust. I trusted that she loved me.
There is no official piece of paper you sign that says you love someone, there's no promise you make or anything that guarantees you are in love. Love is trust. I trusted that she wouldn't go off with anyone else, I trusted that she wouldn't keep huge secrets from me or go off and live another life.And I trusted that if, one day, she decided she no longer wanted to be with me then she'd tell me.
That didn't happen and I knew she was dating that asshole behind my back. If she had been honest, then we could have at least tried to make a compromise, but no! I had to find out from everyone else that she was with him. I just want to forget, but I cant.Why?
Now I am 9000 miles or so away from there. I have to restart my life again here in Korea. I will forget what happened and try to be happy for me, and only for me. It is kind of scary, because I never lived alone or that far away from home. I mean, I even commuted to university, so this is the first time I'm on my own. It Melinda's big adventure!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger petite girl said…

    Have fun! You'll love Korea!

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger kushibo said…

    Wow, that's very touching. It sounds like something that has happened to a few people I know. It's tough, but you'll get through it. It does sound like you know where your head is at, which is a big first step.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home