japa hapa in seoul

Friday, March 31, 2006

out and about on the town

Since yesterday was the end of the teacher's training, the class and some of the other teachers decided to go out for a drink. There were 4 girls and 2 guys. We went to think bar in shinchon and had draught beer. It was ok. That freaky Canada guy went but he wasn't staring at me last night. He actually almost seemed normal. I guess that he was nervous doing the teachers training and focused on one person(me!) to help him get through the training.
There was this other Canada girl who might actually be cute, but she had no idea what to do with her hair. I mean, she's almost 30 and can't find a hairstyle?!?! I'm not a snob, but she could us a little work.
All of a sudden these two Korean guys come over with their beers and ask if they can join us. Stalkers! They were so creepy. They had these pasted on smiles on their faces and leered at the women, like they were putting out the vibe to the girls at the table. I was almost sick, I swear to you. They spoke in these long drawn out words like."Wheeere arrrre youuuu froooom?" Oh! They dork #1 spilled his beer onto Bald Canada and I couldn't stop laughing, I swear! He looked like he totally pissed his pants. And since he was wearing tan, it looked wet all night. Creepy Korean guys wanted to take us somewhere else to drink soju. No thanks! Sorry. No takers. As if we wanted to go get totally lit on hrad alcohol with them. At least they didnt follow us out of the bar.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    Thanks for the information. Next time I'll try that. I didn't even get a chance! Where's your blog?

     
  • At 4:13 AM, Blogger Grace said…

    I haven't been able to update in awhile...I'm going to wait until I go back to Korea this summer...I can't wait!

     
  • At 4:14 AM, Blogger Grace said…

    I hope you have a great time while you're in Seoul...it's a great city, for all its ups and downs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home