japa hapa in seoul

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Long time no blog

It has been a long time since I blogged and there are several reasons for this. First, I don't have a PC at my home so I have to go to the PC room. Eww. Too many smokers. Every one is a smoker. I almost get asthma or something just being there. Reason number two is that I am quitting my job on Friday. Well, actually after they put my salary into my bank account. What will I do? Well you might be suprised but I am moving into my boyfriend's apartment. Crazy right? But Melinda! You haven't even been working there but only a little bit more than two months. And Melinda! You have been dating him even less than that! Well, whatever! I love J and he loves me. And it was kinda his idea to move in together. I mean, we had been almost living at his place as it is. His place is a lot bigger than mine and the boy keeps a clean place, I'll have to give him that. He told me that I can stay at his place and find privates or get a new contract if the school will let me. He says he will take the day off on Monday and go with me to the institute to quit. I don't know if they will be super-angry or what. Koreans kind of have bad tempers. I don't know the logic of this decision but I can't work there anymore. Everytime they ask me to please understand them I want to scream. No more bullshit.

8 Comments:

  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger San Nakji said…

    Good luck. It always seems the bad tempered ones run hagwons... If you are living at your BF's place anyway, why not make it official? Makes sense to me!

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    Make it official? You mean marriage?

     
  • At 12:25 AM, Blogger kushibo said…

    I don't know, Melinda. Lots of red flags going up here. Just make sure you have an independent "out," if you need it.

    If your boyfriend has been advising you to work illegally, I wouldn't exactly call that great advice.

     
  • At 12:31 AM, Blogger kushibo said…

    Melinda,

    I think by "make it official," sannakji meant officially living together, not just always hanging out over there.

    At least, that's what I think he meant. Who knows? He's crazy! ;)

     
  • At 12:34 AM, Blogger kushibo said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger kushibo said…

    Sorry if I may have overstepped my bounds. I get oppa-like when it comes to advice. ;)

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger San Nakji said…

    I mean officially living together, not marriage!

    I think Hojin is on to something here... Watch out for Kushibo!

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger kushibo said…

    Kushibo is right Melinda! There are lots of red flags. The best thing to do is dump your boyfriend and date Kushibo. Kushibo will solve all your problems.

    He just wants to help you after all.


    Not sure what kind of ulterior motives you're trying to ascribe to me, but in five weeks, I won't be in this country at all (at least until Christmas).

    There is something inherently risky about becoming a virtual "illegal alien" relying on someone else for a place to live, particularly when the relationship is a tentative (short-lived and mercurial to some degree).

    My advice was simply to have an independent "out" so that you are not stuck in a bad situation if things don't go the way you'd hoped.

    I would give that advice to anyone in the same situation. If you get ulterior motives from that, my guess is that you're projecting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home