japa hapa in seoul

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Things are up and things are down

I went out to a club Saturday night and met this guy. He was wearing these black knickers with Japanese letters on the side. I asked him if he knew what they meant and he said,

"You're special."
"Ah...........No. It means happiness."
"No. I meant that you are special."
Oh, God! It sounded like such a line, but the way he said it was so sincere. I asked him why, as I chuckled. He said I was different than everyone else in the room. I looked special. I dressed differently than the other people there and had my own style, not trendy but unique. He said I had poise and grace. He asked me if I was a dancer(actually, I took ballet for 15 years. Thanks Mom!). We talked for 10 minutes and he asked me to go get dinner because we were both hungry and it was hard to talk over the music. We talked until the next morning. We seemed to have so much in common. But he's like, almost 10 years older than I am. But he made me feel good about myself. He knew a lot about the job market and told me what to do if I wanted to quit my job. His advice was basicaly not to freak out. If you want to quit, do it the day after payday and have a place to crash set up. He suggested staying at a month to moth hotel-like place for college students, I forget what it's called. I gave him my number and told him about my blog, but he hasnt call me. Hey guy, what's up?!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home